Dear Valued Guests, loyal Premier Rewards Members and Staff
For many of you the current situation globally around the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, as defined by the World Health Organization, is of grave concern and worrying.
Our thoughts and well wishes go out to all the people and their families who have been affected by this virus and we salute and support all the doctors, healthcare professionals, and volunteers, as well as governments who are working tirelessly to defeat this virus.
We acknowledge and support South Africa’s stance as outlined by President Ramaphosa on 15 March 2020, and we are closely monitoring the Department of Health’s communication channels, and the World Health Organization’s statements. Premier Hotels and Resorts is deeply committed to adhering strictly to South African and global health guidelines expected from us as a corporate citizen. Our guests’ and staff health, safety and well-being will always remain our primary concern during stays at our wonderful properties.
OUR COMMITMENT TO CLEANLINESS AND HYGIENE:
Premier takes standards for hygiene and cleanliness very seriously and we are implementing these additional steps to ensure the safety of our guests and staff.
- Hand Hygiene:Our teams are constantly reminded that cleanliness starts with proper and frequent handwashing.
- Ongoing Training: In addition to training on housekeeping and hygiene protocols, hotel staff are also completing enhanced COVID-19 awareness training.
- Real-Time Information:Corporate and regional teams are on standby 24/7 to support the hotels and coordinate with local and regional authorities.
- Cleaning Products and Protocols:Our hotels follow strict cleaning protocols and effective cleaning products which safeguard our hotels, including guest rooms, public spaces and conference rooms, our back-of-house areas, such as storage and locker rooms, laundry rooms, and staff offices against viruses. We are increasing the frequency of cleaning high-touch items and areas including all counters, the front desk, elevators and elevator buttons, door handles, public bathrooms, and room-access key cards.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or the General Manager of the respective Premier Hotel or Resort you’re staying in or working for, on any specific enquiry you may have.
Your health and safety is of paramount importance to us, always.
On behalf of The Premier Group
You’re Welcome and we are here for you!
Premier Hotels and Resorts Cancellation Policy
Premier will be updating our cancellation policy regularly to reflect reality and breaking news around travel restrictions and new developments related to the COVID-19 virus – and to provide our valued guests with peace-of-mind and flexibility. Your ongoing support is important to us.
Premier Cancellation Terms & Conditions (during the current Coronavirus restrictions)
FIT Cancellation Policy (as per STO contract)
- As per Premier current STO T’s and C’s, our trade partners already have the option to cancel up to 72 hours of arrival without cancellation penalties.
- Any cancellations received within 72 hours of arrival will be charged one night’s accommodation at the reserved room rate, unless guests are prohibited from travel to South Africa from countries identified by the South African Government, currently defined as Italy, Iran, South Korea, Spain, Germany, US, UK, and China – or international airline carrier restrictions.
- Please note that any changes to existing reservations will be subject to availability and any rate difference (if applicable).
- Guests who booked at a Premier Hotel or Resort via online travel agents, or any other third-party travel professional, are requested to contact their agent for further information on their respective policies.
Group & Series Cancellation Policy (as per STO contract)
- Please refer to current STO T&Cs should a group cancel.
- However, under current circumstances:
- Within 14 days of arrival, a 100% cancellation penalty will apply unless guests are prohibited from travel to South Africa from countries identified by the South African Government, currently defined as Italy, Iraq, South Korea, Spain, Germany, US, UK, and China – or international airline carrier restrictions.
- Premier Hotels and Resorts have, for the interim period, agreed to waive cancellation penalties for 15-45 days should the guests rebook within a 12-month period, on the new rate validity which has been distributed until 2021.
- We will apply this clause until end-May 2020 whereby we may have a better understanding of the situation.
- Please ensure these details are communicated to reservations at Premier hotels at your earliest convenience to ensure they are tracked correctly.
- We would also like to propose that, in this time of uncertainty, guest rooming lists are sent to us at your earliest convenience and that any unused rooms are released immediately to avoid attracting unnecessary penalties.
- In all cases, we will review extraordinary circumstances on an ad-hoc basis, at each hotel, and review with you.
MICE Groups Cancellation Policy (as per your G&C contract)
- With regards to conference/MICE group cancellations, Premier will not charge cancellation fees if you have not paid a deposit.
- In addition, Premier is introducing special deals on conferencing over the next few months. This is in response to Government legislated maximum group sizes of 100 people at a “gathering” or conference.
- Should a confirmed group conference booking wish to cancel under the current circumstances, be it from an affected area or not, Premier Hotels will agree (until further notice) to hold any deposit / monies paid (if applicable) and honour the booking for future travel within a 12-month period from the original date of arrival. Each case will be reviewed for fairness.
- Should the booking move from an off-peak to peak period (winter to year-end summer), the rate proposal may need to be reviewed and re-negotiated.
For more information on the Coronavirus in SA – please visit sacoronavirus.co.za