Get ready for the most challenging off-road mountain bike cycling event, crossing the Outeniqua mountains between Uniondale and Knysna.
The Karoo to Coast MTB Challenge is one of the most anticipated annual off-road cycling events in the Western Cape. Off-road cyclists gather from around the country to participate in this event. The entry fee is R495 and includes a dinner at Uniondale on Saturday the 23rd of September.
Register on time for the Karoo to Coast MTB Challenge
Registration is scheduled for the 23rd of September from 1pm to 9pm and no late entries will be accepted. For the first time, the event will take 4500 entries. All the proceeds from the event go to Sightfirst, the South African Guide Dog Association, as well as for urgent needs in the community.
Interesting Points to note:
- Start time is 07h30 am on 24th September
- The event will be timed by Racetec and transponders can be purchased at registration in Uniondale. You are required to wear a Racetec timing chip for this event.
- No transponder, no ride, no results, no prizes.
- No late entries.
- 9 water points including the finish point.
- If allergic to anything, please indicate this.
Accommodation for your extended stay
If you are travelling in for the event, make use of Premier Resort The Moorings. Situated on the banks of the Knysna Lagoon, Premier Resort The Moorings offers you a variety of comfortable rooms to use in preparation for your grueling mountain bike trek.
For an extended stay, explore the Garden Route or, depending on your preference, you can stay on the grounds and enjoy some family fun at the play area, enjoy a refreshing dip in the pool or bird watching. Contact us today to make a booking.