IMPORTANT NOTICE TO GUESTS REGARDING COVID-19 HEALTH STANDARDS
Dear Loyal Guests and Premier Rewards Customers
Never before in the hospitality industry, have we been faced with a more challenging time especially with regard to the health and safety of our Guests and Associates (our Staff) alike. South Africa is one of the global leaders in adopting strict lockdown protocols to ensure the safety of all its citizens – and infection rates have been largely controlled, saving countless lives.
Since 26th March when President Ramaphosa announced the lockdown, Premier hotels have been closed, only opening on selected occasions to look after healthcare workers, training departments and other essential workers.
The cleanliness and sanitisation of all areas within our properties have taken on a new meaning and will remain with us for an extended period. During this time of uncertainty and lockdown we at Premier Hotels have been fortunate enough to have associates willing to reside in all our properties to assist in the general maintenance and upkeep of the properties, which includes but is not limited to, ensuring that all rooms are aired, all public areas are kept clean and dust free, and gardens are maintained where possible.
Premier Hotels & Resorts has become known for its personalised service and home-away-from-home atmosphere as well as absolutely trusting and friendly Associates. We pride ourselves that, prior to lockdown, Premier implemented several more strenuous hygiene and safety practices. These improved hygiene and safety practices have been even further boosted during lock down to ensure that the essential worker staying with us and/or any of our properties being utilised as an isolation and/or training facility, have followed the strictest hygiene and safety practices.
Premier Hotels & Resorts is fully registered with the Ministry of Tourism and the Companies and Intellectual Property Commission, to provide essential services staff accommodation at 12 properties countrywide. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on rates and availability.
Please be aware that our hotels can only accept bookings if, an Essential Services Certificate is produced and made available when bookings are made, and must be emailed to the hotel prior to arrival. At the time of check-in the group will be required to provide this evidence for verification purposes, and, to adhere to Premier COVID-19 check-in protocols.
As Premier Hotels and Resorts we would like to further ensure all our Guests that we take your, and our Associates, health and safety very seriously and as such, we have implemented a COVID 19 Protocol Policy throughout all our properties, which is outlined but not limited to the items below:
Education of Associates
Ongoing training is being carried out with all our associates pertaining to the origin of the COVID-19 virus, what it is, how it is transmitted, methods to help prevent the spread thereof in the operational sectors of our hotels, both front and back of house. Printed signage has been placed throughout the hotel, both front and back of house to remind us all, both Guests and Associates, of the new Health and Safety Best Practices.
Screening of Guests
For your convenience, a Guest screening station will be set up in the hotel and conference reception/lobby areas where all Guests will be required to be screened on arrival. All Guests will be required to complete documentation for tracing purposes and thereafter have their temperatures measured. Should the Guests temperature be below 37,5%, they will sanitise their hands and proceed to the reception desk for check-in. All Guests who measure a higher temperature will not be allowed to check in and they will be referred to the closest medical centre.
As per the requirement, only alcohol-based sanitiser will to be used and there are strategically placed sanitising stations throughout the hotel in high traffic areas. All Guests checking in will, on arrival, receive a 50ml hand sanitiser to use during their stay. We encourage regular sanitising of hands in order to prevent the spread of the virus.
All associates are provided with the necessary PPE, including but, not limited to masks, gloves, aprons and shoe covers depending on the area in which they work. All guests will be required to wear masks on arrival and during their stay in public areas.
Public Areas and Surfaces
All public areas, including but not limited to restrooms, breakfast rooms, restaurants, bar counters, boardroom tables, elevator buttons, speed point machines, table tops, counters, hand rails, door knobs, back office surfaces and front desk surfaces, are wiped down on a regular basis throughout the day, with a disinfectant cleaner that kills most viruses.
Social Distancing and Demarcation
It is important that both Guests and Associates partake in a reasonable social distancing practice. All our restaurants will offer social distance seating with demarcation, with controlled entrance to all restaurants and scheduled seating for all meals.
All bars will offer social distancing as laid out by the Disaster Management Act 2002, once re-introduced. All reception areas will be carefully demarcated with social distance markers and conference facilities will offer social distance seating. All elevators and hotel transport will operate with only the required number of Guests allowed per trip, while all public areas including the gym and other hotel facilities will be used under strictly controlled conditions (level 1). We must all remember to be weary of, and avoid, persons that show symptoms of coughing and sneezing. Guests showing these symptoms or any respiratory signs must be reported diplomatically to the General Manager.
Food & Beverage Standards
Premier Hotels & Resorts pride itself on excellent offerings and standards within our food and beverage outlets. All meal standards have been reviewed in order to ensure correct protocol is being followed.
All breakfasts, lunches and dinners will be served, either a la carte or Table d’Hote style, especially during the current period while on high alert.
Buffet style service (when implemented and offered) will be a ‘served by staff’ style, in accordance with hygiene standards for Guests during this period. Disposable cutlery, crockery and cups will be used wherever possible to reduce the risk of contamination, while menus will be cleaned or provided in a disposable form.
Conference tea/coffee stations will introduce individual or served snacks. Sweets for conference tables will be individually wrapped per delegate.
Reliable Information Sources
All reception areas and rooms will display the medical emergency numbers including the NICD hotline
@ 082 000 9999 as well as the hotel’s emergency number.
Premier Hotels and Resorts Cancellation Policy
Premier will be updating our cancellation policy regularly to reflect reality and breaking news around travel restrictions and new developments related to the COVID-19 virus – and to provide our valued guests with peace-of-mind and flexibility. Your ongoing support is important to us.
Premier Cancellation Terms & Conditions (during the current Coronavirus restrictions)
FIT Cancellation Policy (as per STO contract)
- As per Premier current STO T’s and C’s, our trade partners already have the option to cancel up to 72 hours of arrival without cancellation penalties.
- Any cancellations received within 72 hours of arrival will be charged one night’s accommodation at the reserved room rate, unless guests are prohibited from travel to South Africa from countries identified by the South African Government, currently defined as Italy, Iran, South Korea, Spain, Germany, US, UK, and China – or international airline carrier restrictions.
- Please note that any changes to existing reservations will be subject to availability and any rate difference (if applicable).
- Guests who booked at a Premier Hotel or Resort via online travel agents, or any other third-party travel professional, are requested to contact their agent for further information on their respective policies.
Group & Series Cancellation Policy (as per STO contract)
- Please refer to current STO T&Cs should a group cancel.
- However, under current circumstances:
- Within 14 days of arrival, a 100% cancellation penalty will apply unless guests are prohibited from travel to South Africa from countries identified by the South African Government, currently defined as Italy, Iraq, South Korea, Spain, Germany, US, UK, and China – or international airline carrier restrictions.
- Premier Hotels and Resorts have, for the interim period, agreed to waive cancellation penalties for 15-45 days should the guests rebook within a 12-month period, on the new rate validity which has been distributed until 2021.
- We will apply this clause until end-May 2020 whereby we may have a better understanding of the situation.
- Please ensure these details are communicated to reservations at Premier hotels at your earliest convenience to ensure they are tracked correctly.
- We would also like to propose that, in this time of uncertainty, guest rooming lists are sent to us at your earliest convenience and that any unused rooms are released immediately to avoid attracting unnecessary penalties.
- In all cases, we will review extraordinary circumstances on an ad-hoc basis, at each hotel, and review with you.
MICE Groups Cancellation Policy (as per your G&C contract)
- With regards to conference/MICE group cancellations, Premier will not charge cancellation fees if you have not paid a deposit.
- In addition, Premier is introducing special deals on conferencing over the next few months. This is in response to Government legislated maximum group sizes of 100 people at a “gathering” or conference.
- Should a confirmed group conference booking wish to cancel under the current circumstances, be it from an affected area or not, Premier Hotels will agree (until further notice) to hold any deposit / monies paid (if applicable) and honour the booking for future travel within a 12-month period from the original date of arrival. Each case will be reviewed for fairness.
- Should the booking move from an off-peak to peak period (winter to year-end summer), the rate proposal may need to be reviewed and re-negotiated.
For more information on the Coronavirus in SA – please visit sacoronavirus.co.za